BUSKER BUSKER

No comments
Typically, I am the anti-christ of Korean pop culture, but I've recently stumbled upon this Korean indie band whilst enjoying the highway scenery in my cousin's car. "Busker Busker" is an indie band consisting of three members, Beom-Jun Jang, Hyung-Tae Kim, and Brad Moore. They have been active since last year after their participation in the Korean variety music show, K3, but have nonetheless been sweeping the music charts since their debut, elevating many hits to the top ten spots continuously. I've been listening to their first album, which is simply entitled "Busker Busker 1st Album," and I'm pretty sure I've caught the fever that's captivating Koreans everywhere. The songs are all written by the band members and Beom-Jun's voice is absolutely lovely. Their sound kind of reminds me of the Kooks, but softer, in a sense, with less forthrightness and the combination of lighter instruments and chords. I would definitely recommend this to any person, but more specially, to the Koreans who usually do not embrace the K-Pop culture.  
4/5 stars. Stellar.


Here's a link where you can listen to first album via Youtube 
ALSO LISTEN TO: Pockets by Tourists (check em out!) Julio playlist will be out soon! 

No comments :

Post a Comment