No comments
Disarray at it's finest. The trees that usually loom over my house and give my parents occasional nightmares during the storm season are being cut down. Bittersweet. Though I do fear for my life occasionally because of the monstrous heights and possible impact the trees potentially could cause, I somehow feel.. sad that they're going to be gone. I've grown up in this house for so many years, and those trees were always apart of my early memories... i.e. riding my bike for the first time, planting the signature trees, raking leaves.. I guess it's time to let go in the name of well-being//decreasing my chances of dying at the tender age of seventeen.
Autumn is fading away quickly, and WINTER is a-coming! Some people are ecstatic, and seem to be super excited for the farewell of pumpkin spice lattes for peppermint mochas/hot choc, but a part of me, a HUGE part, will miss driving around and admiring the autumn foilage. My favorite part of autumn is going on car rides and seeing beautiful colors stream past as I (+company) drive faster then slower then sporadically, through school zones, etc. I drove next to the Delaware River for almost 4 hours, and it was the most relaxing break from reality I had in a long time. I often tell my dad and everyone who brings up my name and driving in the same sentence that I am afraid of getting behind the wheel, but after this drive, I feel more confident and comfortable.

No comments :

Post a Comment