MUSIC FEATURE: KING KRULE

No comments
Before you read this review, I wanted to admit that I am completely biased in every regard for Archy Marshall AKA King Krule, skewing of course to the fangirl swooning level that is probably not the most reliable for music reviews. I have been an avid fan of Archy Marshall circa his Zoo Kid era, replaying Baby Blue and his EP throughout my angsty teenage phase every night until my teeth fell out. I've been following the hype for 6 Feet Beneath the Moon for quite some time now, and August 24 is finally a-coming.


Marshall recently shared Easy Easy, a track from 6 Feet Beneath the Moon. It's reminiscent of many of his tracks a la bedroom. The synthing, lo-fi voice is haunting and the guitar progressions are eerily mellow and fit well and harmoniously with Marshall's flickering voice.

Check out King Krule's music. My personal favorite track is Baby Blue, but other recommended tracks are Ocean Bed, Bleak Blake, A Portrait in Black in Blue, Lead Existence, Noose in Jah City, Out Getting Ribs, Rockbottom, and pretty much anything you can get your hands on. Marshall also posts some hip-hop beats using his moniker DJ JD Sports. Worth a listen. 

No comments :

Post a Comment