BITTER, OUTRANGED

No comments
I will just come out and admit that I may (or may not) have bad taste in television shows.. It's true that I have allotted time dedicated solely to leisure time spent nestled inside my bed, watching videos of BGT, XFactor, and K-Pop Star... If I'm not on my bed, then I'm reclined on a couch with my parents, nonetheless watching the shows as we all share outraged/agreed commentary on the contestants.. OK, SO.. Today was X-Factor's finale, and I just cannot articulate how disappointed I am that Josh didn't win!! I was never a fan of Melanie, so yes, maybe I am biased, but being realistic and quasi-absorbed about this show, Josh's voice is so much more unique and has the potential to bring something extremely different to the American music scene. I was also a fan of Chris, but I knew that he wouldn't stand alone to win the contract. I am confident that Chris will top charts though, because his star quality and talent are ineffable traits that everyone can really agree on.
I can not tell you exactly why I am so drawn to these type of shows, but I am. I feel things when I hear raw talent in any type of medium. There are emotions that coexist between emotions that I rarely embrace or never knew could be felt, and the only way to get to that certain emotional high is when I hear something so different and beautiful. It may be cliche, but the only time I ever cry is when I watch these type of shows via Youtube clips... It just makes me feel alive when I can hear the bridge between emotions and a voice being drawn together. 

I'm SO content that school is over for the year! I'm going to read a new biography tonight and power through some miscellaneous things tomorrow! Christmas is so close, but I'm not feeling the holiday cheer at all. Anyways, happy holidays!

No comments :

Post a Comment