Intermission

No comments



[noedit]
Even though my senior year hasn't quite reached the halfway mark yet, I have already grouped photographs into my second senior year album, Intermission. Intermission will be composed of photographs from late fall - late winter, depending on how the weather tolls on the East coast this year. It's been raining a lot recently, and I've prioritized naps over everything else, so I haven't been taking any photographs at all for the past few days. I don't know what Intermission will say at the end, but here are my thoughts on my first album, Premiere :
Premiere featured bits and pieces of my summer, the past year, and objects and images that inspired me a lot during the fall season. I experimented with double exposures for the first time, and was really content with the manipulation process- I was able to connect and combine old memories with new memories, but still maintain the bond that intertwined with the people captured in those photographs. Basking in nostalgia and living in the moment have always been two separate entities for me, but this year, I have learned to find a convergence between them, and live my life completely whilst appreciating and remembering my past for molding the things I like and the people I love. Premiere was the beginning of my senior year-  looking back at the photos now, I would say it captured the essence of those first months in a vague, yet appropriate way. As I dive into my new series, I think about capturing the most subtly personal memories of my year - this is the time for disappointment, glee, and bittersweet revelations, as college letters will roll in and the ephemeral feelings of sadness and worry will sporadically come and go as I realize that my senior year is really coming to an end. I guess it's strange for me to dissect and discuss my photo albums, but I feel that it is important to understand what it was like and how I felt when I was this early-age of seventeen.

Premiere, to it's entirety, will be posted somewhere on the web, and I will share that link at the end of June, along with links to Intermission and Finale.




there is a bit of comfort with these twinges of regret, because you know-
for once, really, this time or that time, was when you felt that another person's
happiness was so much more necessary than feeling satisfied or getting by. when that
look of disappointment haunts you as you move throughout the day,
each room to the next, with sets of eyes full of ineffable things,
you realize that you are sorry. truly regretful for doing that
and saying those things that you never meant to say aloud,
but couldn't control as these truths were flowing and set free.
i am too sorry for letting you down. that look,
will be the reason why i stay awake, making something
or writing something that makes you feel that things- you- are okay.

i just want these things and feelings to coexist
between the things and feelings that you said you rather forget.
because those things are beautiful to me- those are the things
that make you and i feel more than what we should or deserve,
when the lights are dim or even completely gone.
i just wanted to say sorry, but here i am,
saying a lot more than i should
but i want you know know this,
and i want you to realize
that there is so much more to this,
and right now,
than the time or the things people will say or have said-
there is something infinitely better about ephemera than 
the list of long-term goals you showed me, and told me,
that one day, everything will be crossed out, but one thing:
you, and only you. 

No comments :

Post a Comment