SKY CITY

No comments
Yang Yongliang's series, Heavenly City, is exactly what it is- a metropolis in the sky. This is the brain child of photography, digital manipulation, and composition; it blows my mind away how technology has progressed enough to enable us to actually create what boggles down our imagination.

Though I am a huge fan of the likes of Photoshop and photo manipulation, I am an advocate of film photography. Sometimes, I think that we should enhance what we have in order to make it the best it can be, but I also believe in the idea that things should just be what they simply are- plain and raw. I was looking through some old shots that were taken in the twentieth century, and I really liked these shots :

COLOUR PHOTOGRAPHS OF NEW YORK, 1940S, BY CHARLES CUSHMAN


~~CIRCA 1950-1960 The Age of Adolescence- Joseph Sterling





No comments :

Post a Comment